Industrial Crane Training Course ContentOur on-site crane training courses address industrial crane safety, crane maintenance and improving productivity; and work with small groups of production and operations employees. Using practical workshops, small group discussions, role-plays, a quiz; the trainers focus on teaching practical skills such as:
- the do's and don'ts of pre-operational checks and equipment operation
- identifying and reducing site hazards
- minimising workplace incidents
- what to do if something doesn't look, feel or sound right
- safely operating industrial cranes
- safe carrying, lifting and moving loads (within rated capacity)
- incident reporting
- servicing industrial cranes
- safe crane maintenance practices.
Session One - Pre-start/Emergency shutdown/Start-UpOn completion of this Session, participants should be able to safely and successfully complete the following:
- Conduct pre-operational equipment checks in accordance with your company's operational procedures;
- Visually check the crane and associated equipment;
- How to minimise workplace incidents;
- Identify, determine and describe the appropriate action to be taken in regards to site hazards; and
- Describe the way any issues or problems are reported, and identify the appropriate person(s), prior to operating industrial cranes.
Session Two - Crane OperationsOn completion of this Session, participants should be able to safely and successfully complete the following:
- Demonstrate the procedure for ensuring the load to be lifted is within the rated capacity of the selected crane;
- Complete a trial lift prior to moving the load and making appropriate adjustments to sling configuration;
- Safely and efficiently hoist, move and lower a load using all relevant crane movements;
- Describe the safety requirements when moving loads;
- Describe the appropriate corrective action to be taken in the event of the crane operating outside the acceptable limits.
- Importance of appropriately servicing industrial cranes.